, a nationwide childcare referral service, has been taking care of the domestic needs of families since 1992. In 2004, Nanny Poppinz™ began offering free CPR, First Aid, and AED (automated external defibrillation) classes to anyone and everyone as an additional service provided to the community. Public school teachers, police officers, pre-school teachers, childcare providers, girl scout and boy scout leaders and the scouts themselves began to take our classes in large numbers. Consider these sobering facts from the american red cross:
- Seventy-five percent of all out-of-hospital cardiac arrests occur in the home.
- About 1.25 million people experience a heart attack in the U.S. each year; 500,000 of these attacks result in death.
- About 250,000 deaths occur within the first hour of the onset of symptoms.
- More than 160,000 deaths occur before the age of 65.
- An emergency with an infant or child (aged 0-8) is more likely to involve a breathing problem.
These facts are just some of the reasons Nanny Poppinz™ has absorbed the costs of these classes, up to $70, so that we can reach the goal the American Red Cross has that "one person in each household should know life-saving skills." Now no one has to say, "I can't afford to take a CPR class" because they are free.
We are excited and honored to be offering these free classes (at selective locations) as a way to make a huge life-changing difference in our communities. To sign up for a class or to get information about a class in your area, go to our website at www.nannypoppinz.com
and click on the Nanny agency
nearest you. Please note that only select Nanny Poppinz agencies provide free CPR training.